Originally published at the GenerationShift blog
Results from Virginia's Telework Day were released this week. Some of the statistics that stood out:
- Teleworking one day per week equates to a $2,000 raise for each employee
- 69% of participants indicated that they accomplished more while teleworking
- If all interested employees engaged in telework, it would remove nearly 400,000 tons of pollutants from the environment
- 74% of participants indicated that their employers are more open to telework
- Biggest reported benefits of teleworking: #1 work/life balance, #2 productivity
- Most important factor in successful teleworking: leadership is on board
Check out the slides below to get the full picture.
To learn more about the push for telework in government and beyond, please see the Telework Exchange. If you're looking for training that is designed to move managers off the fence, check out this 3-hour course I created in coordination with the US Office of Personnel Management.