- Open Source technology is changing how government delivers services
- Join Acquia at: Open Source in the Public Sector: Redefining how Government Delivers Digital Services
- Opportunity to network, collaborate and share knowledge with government peers – register here
Next week Acquia will be hosting the event, Open Source in the Public Sector: Redefining how Government Delivers Digital Services. The event has a great lineup of speakers, including Steven Van Roekel, Tim O’Reilly, and Keith Trippie. The event will focus on how service delivery in the public sector is transforming, and leading to increased transparency and cost savings.
Open source will be at the heart of many of the discussions, as open source is used across the public sector as a way to help improve the way digital services are delivered and as a means to reduce costs for government. With the new digital government strategy moving forward, agencies are now tasked to use technology to improve the way services are delivered.
Be sure to register for the event by following this link. Here is the abstract for the event, provided by Acquia:
Join your peers for an exclusive event at the prestigious Ronald Reagan Building & International Trade Center in Washington, D.C. on October 11, 2012 where you will hear renowned open source proponent Tim O’Reilly discuss Gov 2.0 “Government as a Platform.” Dries Buytaert, open source Drupal creator, Project Lead and Acquia co-founder will also present about the next generation of Drupal sites and what that means for the public sector. The event also features sessions on:
- Best Practices: Public sector open source users will discuss tips and considerations for adopting open source in an interactive panel and discussion session
- Real World Examples: An open source vendor panel will provide detailed case studies followed by questions and discussion
- Networking Reception
Used by the U.S. General Services Administration, the White House, the Departments of Homeland Security, Commerce, & Education, NATO, World Economic Forum, U.S. Defense Information Systems Agency, and many others, open source enables you to meet objectives set forth in The New Digital Roadmap for Government.
Space is limited, so RSVP early. Don’t miss this opportunity!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.