We can all think of that one person in our office who really stands out—a great leader, listener, innovator, problem-solver, and public servant. We appreciate them, and we want them to know that, but how can we show it?
For the 11th year, we’re hosting the NextGen Public Service Awards, which gives you an opportunity to nominate exceptional public servants to receive recognition.
Nominations are open until April 30, 2020, and can be made by anyone—colleagues, peers, supervisors, and so on. Nominees must be a current government employee and can work at any level—state, local, or federal.
The ten award winners will be announced on June 1, 2020, and then recognized at the NextGen Government Training Summit. If you have a friend or colleague in government who you think exemplifies what it means to be a public servant, now is your chance to see them recognized on a national stage!
There are five categories you can nominate someone to be recognized in: Courageous Champion; Silent Hero; NextGen Advocate; Innovator of the Year; and Exemplary Leader.
To nominate someone, visit this page, and answer the following questions about the nominee:
- What is the nominee’s role in government currently?
- Describe what the nominee has done to exceed expectations in their role.
- Outline a challenge the nominee has faced and how they overcame the challenge.
- Give an example of how the nominee has impacted positive change in government.
- Anything else you’d like to let us know about your nominee?
That’s it! All it takes is a couple of minutes, and you can nominate your hard-working friend or coworker to receive the praise and recognition that they deserve.