The government is undergoing a major push to improve the security of its data and systems and is turning to new tools like artificial intelligence (AI) and automation for help. However, these new methods don’t come without concerns about their effectiveness and challenges to full-scale implementation.
The 9th Annual Billington CyberSecurity Summit happening at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center on Thursday, Sept. 6 is set to address these issues and concerns. With powerhouse keynotes from the military, federal agencies and industry, the event will attract senior-level decision-makers to tackle the tough issues of cybersecurity and will examine where the government is heading.
“We are honored to feature over 50 cyber leaders at what has become the leading cyber summit in the nation’s capital,” said summit chair Tom Billington, CEO of Billington CyberSecurity.
The one-day summit offers attendees a deep dive into the current state of cybersecurity and perspective on the next challenges and opportunities during this unprecedented time of cyber upheaval.
Gen. Paul Nakasone will deliver one of his first keynotes about cybersecurity in his dual-hatted role as Commander, U.S. Cyber Command and NSA Director. Jeremy Fleming, Director of Government Communications Headquarters in the United Kingdom (GCHQ) will also deliver a keynote about GCHQ cyber priorities.
Other speakers set to take the stage include:
- Dana Deasy, Chief Information Officer, DoD (keynote)
- Dr. John Zangardi, Chief Information Officer, Department of Homeland Security (keynote)
- Marianne Bailey, Deputy National Manager for National Security Systems, NSA
- Vicki Hildebrand, Chief Information Officer, DoT
- Thomas P. Michelli, Acting Deputy DoD CIO for Cyber Security, DoD
- Grant Schneider, Federal Chief Information Security Officer, Senior Director for Cybersecurity Policy
- National Security Council, OMB
Topics to be addressed include:
- Leveraging Automation for Better Threat Prevention
- Using Artificial Intelligence to Detect Threats Without Decryption
- Future Need and Priorities of US Cyber Command
- Cybersecurity Priorities of the CIO, DoD
- Ensuring the Cybersecurity of Outer Space
- Cybersecurity of the Supply Chain – Is this the Elephant in the Room?
- Modernizing Cyber Defenses and Tomorrow’s Security Operations Center