We can all probably agree GovLoop is a pretty rocking community. Less than 3 years old (merely a toddler, really), nearing 36,000 members, and serving superstars from singapore to seattle.
To share the love and get your stellar feedback, we’re starting a blog on Community Building. Each week, we’ll deliver a helpful tip, article, and spotlight a group doing cool stuff.
Here’s a quiz to start off the blog series…so channel your best Mr. GovLoop (quoting Andy Krzmarzick) and go for it!
Quiz: How Well Do you Know Community Building?
1. In the months BEFORE launching your community, you should do all of the following BUT:
a. Decide what will differentiate your community from others
b. Decide which technology platform to use and create a pilot version
c. Send a generic email to 200 people, and go as infomercial style as possible
d. Ask your target audience what they’d like in the community
2. True or False: Leaderboards encourage members to participate:
3. Consider 4 potential discussion topics. Which will stimulate the LEAST activity?
a. Top 5 Ways to Best Position Yourself for a Raise
b. How-to Video on Starting Your First Blog
c. The Rudest Question…How Much Money Do You Make?
d. My Company was Awarded 5 New Contracts! Here’s a 5-page blog post about it…
4. When new members sign up, make the barrier to entry:
a. High: you want to collect as much market research as possible
b. Low: you want to make it as easy as possible to join
5. Which of the following is most likely a myth about community building?
a. You need inspiration, but you really need perspiration.
b. If the platform rocks, they will come in flocks. Who needs a community manager?
c. Experiment, iterate, and ask for feedback. Repeat 🙂
d. Members like to perform an activity and see results.
1. (c) 2. (a) 3. (d) 4. (b) 5. (b)