Leadership is a talent that people either learn and develop over time or an attribute they are born with and carry through all facets of their life. If you take a moment to review the past few years, you may recall the words of a leader who instilled confidence, mentored or coached you to be the best in your endeavors. The leaders who inspire me are female trailblazers in their own right who set the bar for future generations.
In addition, women leaders exhibited courage, conviction and strength to guide other women so they may grow in their chosen profession. Those who follow great female leaders also have a great chance to open more opportunities to people who have the initiative to do great things.
We can always enhance our leadership skills through training, experience at work and unique career opportunities. Yet, the reality is that we may only have time for that “bit sized morsel of information” to set us on our career path and help us focus our leadership goals. Many female leaders over the years were innovators who accomplished great things as architects of their own destinies. The Top 5 Inspiring Quotes from Women Leaders may also help set the tone for your foray into leadership.
1. Marian Anderson once said “Leadership should be born out of the understanding of the needs of those who would be affected by it.”
2. Aung San Suu Kyi take on survival: “Humor is one of the best ingredients of survival.”
3. Angela Merkel: “When it comes to human dignity, we cannot make compromises.”
4. Indira Gandhi: “The power to question is the basis of all human progress.”
5. Maya Angelou: “Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage you can’t practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage.”