Under the supervision of the Accounting Manager this accountant exercises practical experience and professional judgment in applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) in a governmental enterprise environment and sales oriented business. Participates in the documentation and entry of transactions in the state financial system (AFIS), the human resources information system (HRIS), AZ procurement system (ProcureAZ) and the Lottery general ledger system. Performs detailed analysis and interpretation of financial records, reconciles accounts and participates in the budget process. Reviews, analyzes and approves various fiscal transactions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, collections, billing, invoice payments and payroll transactions. Assists in preparing data used in the compilation of audit work papers, agency financial statements and management reports. Assists in resolving problems and questions presented by management regarding accounting transactions and reports. Makes recommendations designed to solve problems and improve operations to ensure compliance with outside auditing standards. Designs or recommends modifications for automated reporting systems, performance testing and implementation of automated systems.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of Federal, State & agency program laws, rules, regulations, policies & procedures and GAAP
• Knowledge of all Lottery rules, policies and procedures
• Knowledge of the New World general ledger system
• Knowledge of sound balancing and reconciliation practices and methods
• Knowledge of Lottery products and services
• Knowledge of mathematics as required in a sound business environment
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Knowledge & familiarity with State accounting system (AFIS), human resources system
(HRIS), and ProcureAZ
• Knowledge of sound grammar, speaking and writing standards
B.S. with major in Accounting, AZ CPA, 3 years prior accounting and supervisory experience.
HOW TO APPLY: Apply on-line at www.azstatejobs.gov. (JOB # 2661)