The American Association for Budget and Program Analysis (AABPA) invites master’s candidates in public administration, public policy, and other related disciplines to submit proposals for its 2nd annual award competition for student research.
FROM THE BUDGET ACT TO THE RECOVERY ACT AND BEYOND
AABPA invites students to submit research topics that analyze the current social, economic, and political landscape and offer alternatives for change. This year marks the 35th Anniversary of AABPA. Students are encouraged to include historical references to the evolution of the budget process, program analysis and performance measures, or fiscal policy when appropriate.
Topics may include, but are not limited to:
· Debt and deficits,
· Performance measures and government program implementation,
· Revenue and receipt estimating,
· Revenue policy,
· The effectiveness of economic stimulus proposals,
· Regulation of financial and other markets,
· Emerging technologies as tools to improve government services or budget execution,
· Stewardship of public funds,
· The Congressional budget and appropriations process,
· Presidential management programs, and
· Education, training, and development of public employees.
For submission process: