The mission of the CFPB is to make markets for consumer financial products and services work for Americans. Technology and innovation are essential to our ability to achieve our consumer protection mission. That’s why we’re launching a first of its kind technology hiring initiative – the Design+Technology Fellows program.
The CFPB Design+Technology Fellowship is a two-year program for developers, designers, and user experience professionals to help advance the achievements of our 21st century government agency. We’re asking the brightest minds in design, web development, and user experience (UX) to join us in crafting innovative products that will redefine how we protect American consumers.
CFPB is seeking designers and developers who are looking for the promise of a start-up with the ability to positively influence and directly impact the lives of fellow Americans in a time of acute need.
Here’s how it works:
Immerse yourself: Your first few months will take place at our Washington DC headquarters, where you will learn about both CFPB’s mission and the Technology team’s design and development practices.
- Hunker Down: From the location of your choosing, each Fellow will be in constant contact with their partners in the agency to create mission-specific technology solutions. Here is where you will design and build the products that will serve the American people and advance our consumer protection mission.
- Regroup: You may be occasionally asked to return to DC to meet with your colleagues face-to-face. It’s a chance to reconnect, broaden your network, and find opportunities for collaborating with other teams.
What you’ll do here:
- Collaborate with economists and researchers to build visualizations that distill intricate data and impact decision making, or create tools for our public website that translate complex issues into plain language for the American consumer
- Create new examination tools for the examiners who monitor the practices of the nation’s largest consumer financial institutions
- Solve real problems from real American consumers by designing and developing tools to reach people in testing financial situations.
- Engage, enable and empower consumers to make informed consumer product decisions by designing and implementing tools that millions of people will trust upon to make financial choices.
- Streamline government by creating tools that make the Bureau more efficient and transparent.
The establishment of this fellowship validates our ongoing pledge to redefine how government works. The CFPB relies on intense collaboration between the technology team and our expert staff throughout the Bureau. Our back-end and front-end web developers, UX designers, and graphic designers will play a vital role in achieving our mission by experimenting, designing solutions to problems, and making ideas happen. At CFPB, there is no such thing as business as usual.
Join us: http://1.usa.gov/TechandInnovation