Federal employees have many concerns on their plate in terms of Congress and the federal budget, including:
- What will happen with federal pay in 2015 following the 1% increases in 2014?
- Will Congress pass a debt limit increase?
- How will the president’s State of the Union promise to use more Executive Orders play out?
Ken Gold and Marian Currinder of the Government Affairs Institute discussed these and other issues of importance to the Federal workforce today on Federal News Radio.
“We think it’s really important for executive branch employees to understand how Congress works and makes decisions,” said Ken Gold, director of the Government Affairs Institute, “especially those who have management and federal budget responsibilities.”
Other topics discussed included:
- The impact of the Ryan-Murray budget agreement
- What to expect in the rest of the 113th Congress
- Why members of Congress are shifting resources out of Washington and into their district offices
- Shrinking discretionary spending in future fiscal years
Listen to the full show:
What other things happening (or not happening) in Congress are a big issue for you?