A few weeks ago, we welcomed our summer interns to Code for America. During that time each of the Fellows was asked to name one fun thing about working at Code for America, so now we have a list “fun” things — however biased — about working for Code for America, which I thought we’d share.
- Aaron – Matt Lewis
- Alan – Badgers eat cobras
- Anna – Love bombs
- Chach – Switching seats constantly (mobile desks!)
- Erik – Competing to the be the mayor on Foursquare
- Jeremy – Pandas versus Badgers camp
- Joel – group dancing to freeconferencecall.com hold music
- John – Coder Sounds
- Karla – “Twinkling” instead of clapping, “Chicken”
- Matt – riding the scooter around the office
- Max – liberal facial hair policy
- Michael E – Snack of the week
- Michelle – All the cool technologies we can learn & play with
- Mjumbe – The Code for America track jackets and all the conversations they invite
- Pete – Game night with your host Talin Salway
- Ryan – learning new things all the time
- Scott – Using GroupMe to broadcast open bars around The City to other fellows.
- Talin – communal lunch
- Tyler – culture of learning
There are many more fun things about working for Code for America and this is just a small snapshot of the year. The Code for America 2012 Fellowship application closes on July 31, 2011. Apply here today and add more fun things about working at Code for America to the list.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.