Do you feel as though your LinkedIn profile doesn’t reflect your attributes? Joel Petino, a representative from LinkedIn, shared with an audience at the NextGen conference break out session how to optimize your profile to make your online self match who you really are. Here are some tips and tricks for maximizing your membership:
1. Build your network now
2. Complete and update your profile regularly
3. Ask for LinkedIn recommendations & endorsements
4. Follow people on the Influencer platform
5. Connect & build relationships with a variety of people
6. Join groups of interest to you
7. Be a contributor in your network & industry groups
Great post, Lillian! I’d call it LinkedIn 101.
These tips are a must-do if you want to leverage LinkedIn for maximum engagement and collaboration with fellow professionals nationally and globally.
For those on LinkedIn who haven’t completed such a “makeover” I would say: better hurry up as new profile enhancement features continue to be being rolled out.
Even though I have about 1,200 quality first degree connections, I always seek to expand my network as appropriate.
Want to connect? You can find me here. Just mention GovLoop. Thanks for sharing this.