Today’s federal cybersecurity and IT news:
- The Promoting and Enhancing Cybersecurity and Information Sharing Effectiveness Act of 2011 (The PRECISE Act) passed the House Homeland Security Committee though members had concerns over whether it was sufficient. More here.
- The Department of Homeland Security and Department of Justice discussed information sharing through N-DEx, the FBI’s national law enforcement data exchange program. More here.
- The IRS implemented it’s new database system this tax season for faster returns processing and better customer service. More here.
- To meet current deadlines, the Air Force will be performing its audits with legacy systems rather than the new enterprise resource planning systems it is currently developing. More here.
- The Intelligence Community and Department of Defense discuss methods to speed up technology acquisition. More here.
We had a good debate on acquisition processes not keeping pace with tech changes: https://www.govloop.com/forum/topics/the-budget-crunch-technology-to-the-rescue.