A couple of weeks ago I read an article in Rolling Stone entitled “The Future of Movies: How Will Google Glass Change Filmmaking?“. While it was obviously focused on the how Glass will impact the film industry, reading it sparked an idea about how organizations could lever Glass to better understand their day-to-day operations.
The idea is simple
- Grab a junior employee, a low level executive, a mid level executive and the head of the agency; ensure they are all a part of the same reporting structure;
- Equip each one with Google Glass;
- Have them film their entire work day on a day where they typically interact with one another;
- Sit them all in a room together as all four videos simultaneously in a split screen; and
- Engage them in an honest and professionally facilitated conversation as the movies roll.
Is your organization courageous, desperate, or driven enough to peer through looking glass?
And if so, what do you think they would find?