I’m a bureaucrat.
I appreciate bureaucracy for its strengths and weaknesses.
There are reasons bureaucracies have existed for thousands of years. A few — they help leaders retain their power; they keep processes alive; they provide stability; and they provide jobs.
Depending on your POV, these reasons can be good or bad. I can tell you my perspective — definitely love-hate.
- bureaucracy is there to do its job.
- it’s there to enable the process.
- bureaucracy keeping me out of jail by keeping me compliment with the law.
- bureaucracy getting in my way.
- robotic processes.
- confusing forms and instructions.
These are just some thoughts on bureaucracy’s role in the lives of millions of government workers and billions of humans. Give them some thought.
How do you view bureaucracy?