1. Online Dialogue Brainstorming Guide (06/30/2010) – How to-guide for conducting online dialogs, from the National Academy of Public Administration. Includes lessons learned from a dozen successful dialogues and list of questions to ask before you start.
2. Best Practices and Innovations in Public Service Excellence (06/19/2010) – Case studies of 85 public service innovations that have received the UN’s international award for excellence in public service. The initiatives can be retrieved by country, year or thematic area at www.unpan.org/unpsa.org_cases.
Full report: http://unpan1.un.org/intradoc/groups/public/documents/un/unpan035284.pdf
2. Gartner Launches Open Government Maturity Model (06/28/2010) – Model framework for government strategic planners to measure the maturity of your organization’s capabilities to effectively and efficiently engage constituents.
3. Listen, Participate and Transform: Social Media Framework for Local Governments (06/2010) – Simple, practical social media framework for government agencies, including successful strategies for engaging citizens..
1. User Experience Will Trump Ubiquitous Content (06/30/2010) – As content and distribution continue to expand, user experience becomes the key to locking onto and growing a real, loyal audience.
2. Social networking sites: 10 mistakes organizations make (06/28/2010) – Many organizations spend time and resources on social media without seeing much return. Here are 10 common mistakes businesses, nonprofits and government agencies make. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/25/AR2010062504382.html
3. Leading Virtual Teams to Real Results (06/30/2010) – Tips from Harvard Business Review on how leaders are using social technologies to work virtually.
4. The Collective Intelligence Genome (04/01/2010) – The MIT Center for Collective Intelligence explains how Google and Wikipedia get large groups of people working in surprising ways. http://sloanreview.mit.edu/the-magazine/articles/2010/spring/51303/the-collective-intelligence-genome/
5. Seeking input on your experiences with gov2.0 adoption (06/30/2010) – Munigov2.0 and the Maxwell School, Syracuse University are conducting a study to determine how governments can expand Gov 2.0 adoption beyond technology and policy and into organizational business and communication strategies. Please take a few minutes to answer 10 questions.