Mondays are hard. We all know that. Gearing up at the start of the week isn’t as easy as just having an extra cup of coffee. Sometimes, we need a little something extra to really get back in the workweek groove.
Luckily, I have just the recommendation. Almost six years ago (!) we started a thread on GovLoop member’s favorite inspirational quotes. Whenever I’m in need of a little boost, I go through and browse them to remind me about some core principles of life. Today, I’m pulling together eight of my favorites in hope that they add a little kick to your Monday — and the rest of your week, too.
Have a favorite quote? Add it to the thread or post it in the comments below to share with the GovLoop community!
- “Real success does not depend upon the position you hold, but upon how you carry yourself in that position.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “It is never to late to be what you might have been.” – Elliot
- “Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it.” — Ann Landers
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
- “Too little process and you can’t get good work done. Too much process and you can’t get any work done. Most companies never find the middle.” — Aaron Levie
- “Productivity is being able to do things that you were never able to do before.” – Franz Kafka
- “Doing the impossible is the history of this nation. It is how this country was built.” — Michelle Obama
- “Once you embrace unpleasant news, not as a negative but as evidence of a need for change, you aren’t defeated by it. You’re learning from it.” — Bill Gates