For the past 13 years, NextGen and GovLoop have provided essential information for public servants to learn and thrive at the NextGen Government Training Summit. This year’s virtual Summit is no exception, with September’s speaker and activity line-up aimed at “Supporting and Developing Gov Supervisors.”
The free virtual summit will take place Wednesday, Sept. 21 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., and will boast well-known government and industry speakers, ready to address topics tailored to employees who are supervisors or aspire to be in a supervisory position. In addition to keynote speakers and breakout sessions, attendees will also be able to network and access hundreds of free guides, resources, worksheets, and checklists designed to help conquer professional goals.
Sessions throughout the day will lead discussions on subjects like:
· Managing Up and Down with Dr. Theresa Horne, Director, Diversity and Equal Opportunity Office (DEO), Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA)
· The Future of the Government Workforce with Kiran Ahuja, Director, U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM)
· Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiatives with Dr. Serelda Herbin, Director of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility, Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) and Scott McMillion, Chief Diversity Officer, Office of Diversity and Inclusion, FBI
· Creating a Psychologically Safe Workplace with Melanie Ho, Author of Beyond Leaning In: Gender Equity & What Organizations Are Up Against
· Failing Forward with Michael Lawyer, Director of Human Resource Management, Office of Field Policy and Management, U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development
· Setting Effective Boundaries with Tara Dawson McGuiness, Author, Power to the Public: The Promise of Public Interest Technology
Registration is free and open to all, at nextgengovt.com/sept-21-2022-register-now. Attendees can earn up to five continuing professional education (CPE) credits. We hope to see you there (virtually)!