Obviously, we love everyone that we work with. But we can all think of that one person in our office who really stands out—a great leader, listener, innovator, problem-solver, and public servant. We appreciate them, and we want them to know that, but how can we show it?
GovLoop and Young Government Leaders may have a solution for you. Together, they are hosting the NextGen Public Service Awards, a chance to nominate exceptional public servants to receive recognition.
Nominations are open until April 30, 2019, and can be made by anyone—colleagues, friends, families, supervisors, and so on. Nominees must be a current government employee and can work at any level—state, local, or federal.
The ten award winners will be announced on May 30, 2019, and then recognized at the NextGen Government Training Summit on July 25-26, 2019 in Washington, D.C. If you have a friend or colleague in government who you think exemplifies what it means to be a public servant, now is your chance to see them recognized on a national stage!
To nominate them, visit this page, and be prepared to answer the following questions about the nominee:
- What is the nominee’s role in government currently?
- Describe what the nominee has done to exceed expectations in their role.
- Outline a challenge the nominee has faced and how they overcame the challenge.
- Give an example of how the nominee has impacted positive change in government.
- Anything else you’d like to let us know about your nominee?
That’s it! All it takes is a couple of minutes, and you can nominate your hard-working friend or coworker to receive the praise and recognition that they deserve.