Pentagon Comptroller Robert Hale told House lawmakers Thursday the Defense Department was forced to shed $600 million in civilian services for national security objectives as a result of the shutdown, American Forces Press Service reports. “The lapse forces us to waste a good deal of the public’s money. About 400,000 DOD civilian personnel on furloughRead… Read more »
Posts Tagged: civilians
Poll of the Week
Could your inbox use a little more awesome?
Sign up to get a daily dose of awesome gov-focused resources, trainings, blogs and articles to help you do you job better.
Recent Articles on GovLoop
- New Friend Request: How Government Can Use Social Media to Connect with Citizens
- Delivering Modern Digital Services to the Citizen with Transparency and Measurement
- Ping! How Governments Can Get Their Message to Citizens
- Setting the Tone for Statewide Initiatives With Nebraska’s CIO
- Making the Most of Your ‘Mobile Moment’