As a gov employee or contractor, you know how important training events and resources are. Not only can they help you do your job better, but they can also drive your career forward.
This is exactly why we created the Next Generation of Government Training Summit eight years ago in partnership with Young Government Leaders. Every summer govies come together in Washington, D.C. to get inspired and invigorated to do great work in public service.
This year’s summit is going to be the biggest and best yet with more than 700 govies representing over 50 government organizations in attendance, over 60 expert speakers and 30 breakout sessions to choose from (all mapped to OPM’s Executive Core Qualifications). And you will earn up to 12 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits.
Sounds great right? Here’s even more information you can browse to whet your training appetite.
Schedule: Two full days of hands-on breakout sessions plus over 10 inspirational keynotes, including:
- A History of Public Service and Why It Matters - professor and former dean at the School of Public Policy, University of Maryland Donald Kettl will share his insights on the public sector of the past. How did former govies thrive in times of change? How were they inspired and called to work?
- How Does the Brain React to Change? Judith Glaser, an organizational anthropologist, will discuss what happens to the brain when we experience change, and how we can overcome things like anxiety and anticipation to make sure we’re staying sharp and productive.
- The Energy Bus - Moving Teams in a Positive Direction - Vice President, Human Resources, Govplace will reveal the 10 secrets for approaching life and work with a positive, forward-thinking mindset that leads to accomplishment.
- I Was the One in a Skirt - Christina Monaco, Director of NGA’s Corporate Assessment and Program Evaluation Office will share her experience as a female leader in a male-dominated field. She’ll also provide advice on how to encourage and empower diversity and inclusion in the public sector.
Office Hours: Meet one-on-one with career counselors, resume coaches, financial advisors, mentors, government innovators and tech experts.
Awards: Learn about and honor 30 public servants who are going above and beyond the call of duty at the NextGen Public Service Awards ceremony and reception.
Testimonials: Don’t just take our word for it - hear what past gov attendees had to say about their NextGen experience:
- “This 2-day training summit is amazing – you would have to attend about 7 weeks of training to attempt to get the best practices you can dive into here – categorized by where you are in your career, ECQs, and the latest and greatest in leadership and key skills."
- "NextGen was more than just a training conference; NextGen is where I not only rediscovered my passion for public service but also had that 'Aha moment'. I realized that I also have a role to play in not only improving my agency but also improving the public’s perception of the Federal workforce."
If you’re ready to start the approval process, check out these two handy resources:
- Approval Toolkit: includes a sample SF-182 form and justification letter you can customize to send to your manager.
- Blog Post: 9 Tips for Asking For Training Dollars (Even When Budgets are Tight)
Don't forget to lock in the Early Bird rate to get the lowest price available, even after prices increase on June 16. See you at NextGen!