Today, government is challenged like never before. In an era of budget cuts, increasing demands for services, and increasingly complex government transactions, government officials are pressed to think of new ways of thinking and innovative solutions to complex problems.
Predictive analytics is one possible solution for government agencies. Recently, I had the opportunity to speak with, Nathan Greenhut, IBM Center of Competence Social Segment, about predictive analytics as a way forward to cut through government’s most pressing challenges. Our conversation can be found below in GovLoop’s special report in partnership with IBM on predictive analytics: A Path to Insights and Improved Decision Making, Predictive Analytics.
View the Report Below or Download PDF
This report also highlights the use of predictive analytics by the Memphis Police Department to improve the public safety for the citizens of Memphis, Tennessee. Although government is becoming increasingly complex, and citizens and agencies are producing high volumes of data, predictive analytics can provide a path to insights and improved decision making for public sector entities.
Everyday government officials are working to transform how government operates. In a time when budgets are rapidly shrinking, while there is also an increased demand on government services, government is challenged to find new models of thinking and re-frame the traditional view of how government provides services, predictive analytics holds potential to fill that gap. Be sure to check out other IBM and GovLoop resources on predictive analytics:
- Miami Dade - Improving Government Systems with Cognos - IBM Client Reference Video
- How Big Data is Changing the World: Jeff Jonas IBM
- New York State Tax: Smarter Planet Leadership Series Video
- IBM LS NY state Tax
- IBM Government Industry Framework for Social Services Demo
- Alameda County Social Services - IBM Smarter Planet Leadership Series Video
- IBM Report Highlights the Power of Predictive Analytics
- Understanding Customers Through Predictive Analytics
- IBM’s Charles Prow Discusses Strategies to Enhance National Competitiveness
The IBM Analytics Solution Center (ASC) is part of a network of global analytics centers that provides clients with the analytics expertise to help them solve their toughest business problems. Check out their Analytics to Outcomes group on GovLoop.