UPDATE: Thanks for your interest! This contest is now closed. We'll announce our featured bloggers soon!
At GovLoop, we pride ourselves on our community. There are over 120,000 of you — government employees, industry partners, and knowledge experts — who are extremely engaged. You comment on nearly a thousand posts and discussions each month. You talk to each other in the comments about your experiences, dreams and tips. You share your ideas, and inspire one another to be better and do more in the public sector.
Many of you are also prolific GovLoop bloggers. You write about everything from open source in your agency, to best leadership practices, to innovation in government. We here at GovLoop love your blog posts (we’re sort of obsessed with them, actually), and look forward to the new, great contributions we know we’ll be seeing every day.
And it’s exactly because your contributions to GovLoop are so terrific, and so valuable, that we’re looking to expand on them. Today, we’re announcing the GovLoop Featured Blogger Challenge.
The details: We’re looking for 10 (or more!) great GovLoop voices to blog once a week for the GovLoop community throughout May, June and July. We want you to write about subjects you think are important — from experiences at your agency, to the way big data is impacting your job, to tips on how to increase fed engagement — really, anything that strikes your fancy. If it’s important to you, it’s important to us, and we want it on GovLoop.
What’s in it for you? A lot (we think — but we’re biased!). In addition to having your writing read by our community of 120,000, you’ll get:
- A guaranteed, featured homepage slot on GovLoop every time you post
- Promotion of your posts to our social network communities of over 25,000 (and we’ll promote your handles, too)
- Recognition of your efforts and status via a special GovLoop Featured Blogger banner
- A package of free GovLoop swag (t-shirts, stickers, and more)
- Great published clips, and a great line on your resume
- A free, one-hour career counseling and resume review session with a GovLoop employee
- Feedback, writing tips and blog guidance from our Director of Content
Any questions? Leave a comment on this post, or tweet @GovLoop. We look forward to your ideas, thoughts, and content, and can’t wait to see what comes next.