Durham, NC is the county seat of Durham County and also extends into Wake county. It is the fifth largest city in the state by population, with 217,847 residents as of July 1, 2007. It is the home of Duke University and North Carolina Central University, and is also one of the vertices of the Research Triangle area. The US Office of Management and Budget also includes Durham as a part of the Raleigh-Durham-Cary Combined Statistical Area, which has a population of 1,635,974 as of July 1, 2007.
Durham operates under a council-manager government.
- Header with the site navigation
- 3 column content
- elastic design interior pages fixed on the home/splash page
- left 168 px — right 198 px
- there is a footer that is 100% of the client.
- this is a this is a DIV Design with CCS determining design *extra points for this
- does presents correctly in Lynx text reader but the menus should be at the end of the page instead of beginning to pervent having to read the menu every time you go to a new page.
- CSS failure presented the information cleanly.
- Images not being on did not caused the site not to fail
- This page looks like it could be hand coded it is VERY clean
- Google Analytics is being used *extra points for money saving to the citizens*
- Google Custom Search is being used *extra points for money saving to the citizens*
- About Durham
- Doing Business
- City Services
- Inside City Hall
- Resource Links
- city jobs
Applications no complete list so I code be missing some
- Budget and Management Feedback
- recycling program
- Traffic Signal Problem Report Form
- Water / Sewer / Storm Water Bill
- Business Licensing
- Land Development Office
- Crime Mapper http://gisweb.durhamnc.gov/gis_apps/crimedata/dsp_entryform.cfm
- GoMaps http://gisweb.durhamnc.gov/gomaps/map/index.cfm
- Durham Surplus Property http://www.ci.durham.nc.us/gis_apps/surplusproperty/mainmap.cfm
- Parcel Number Coverter http://www.durhamnc.gov/gis_apps/parcelconvert/index.cfm?
broken link I found
- http://www.durhamnc.gov/departments/zoning/ from http://www.durhamnc.gov/services/who_to_call.cfm
- http://www.durhampolice.com/crimemapper from http://www.durhamnc.gov/services/who_to_call.cfm
- http://www.durhamnc.gov/services/departments/onecall/ from http://www.durhamnc.gov/services/who_to_call.cfm
the site is good with general accessibility. The accessibility page is a good model to base on. It includes several things that I like to see including the notice of why we do it. the Website policy and the city policy is listed in the same place. With a grievance procedure form on the same page.
Suggestion that the forms and applications be reviewed for accessibility.
I am not finding audio