Want the recipe for a real government shutdown? Combine 30% annual data growth, an explosion of virtual data, and an outdated federal back-up infrastructure. Adding more storage is not fixing the problem. But what’s the alternative? According to a new survey from CTOlabs.com and Carahsoft, there are numerous forward-thinking government IT professionals using data duplication technologies to manage virtual machines, optimize infrastructures, and enhance disaster recovery and continuity.
Join Federal Computer Week for this complimentary webcast to gain insights into how overwhelmed agencies are turning the tables on data redundancy including:
• Why forward-thinking federal agencies are embracing this game-changing technology;
• Current strategies, hurdles, and best practices for protecting, managing and replicating mission critical data and
• Key take-aways from survey findings.
Bob Gourley, The Founder of CTOlabs.com
Bob Gourley is the founder of CTOlabs.com, a provider of technology concept development, vendor evaluations and technology assessments focused on enterprise grade technologies. Mr. Gourley’s first career was as a naval intelligence officer, which included operational tours afloat and shore. He was the first J2 at DoD’s cyber defense organization JTF-CND. Following retirement from the Navy, Mr. Gourley was a senior executive with TRW and Northrop Grumman, and then returned to government service as the Chief Technology Officer of the Defense Intelligence Agency.
Mr. Gourley was named one of the top 25 most influential CTOs in the globe by InfoWorld in 2007, and selected for AFCEA’s award for meritorious service to the intelligence community in 2008. He was named by Washingtonian magazine as one of DC’s “Tech Titans” in 2009; and one of the “Top 25 Most Fascinating Communicators in Government IT” by the Gov2.0 community GovFresh.
He holds three masters degrees, including a master of science degree in scientific and technical intelligence from the Naval Postgraduate School, a Master of Science degree in military science from USMC University, and a Master of Science degree in computer science from
James Madison University.
Steve Lesueur, 1105 Editorial Contributor
Date: May 12, 2011
Time: 2:00 PM ET
Duration: 1 hour
- CTOlabs.com Survey Finds Data Deduplication Aids in Managing Data Growth in Federal Agencies (ctovision.com)
- CTOlabs.com Survey Finds Data Deduplication Aids in Managing Data Growth in Federal Agencies (ctolabs.com)
- Crucial Point LLC Establishes DoDIISTech.com (ctolabs.com)
- The Cloud and Cybersecurity (ctovision.com)
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.