The ability to conduct vitally important government conferences has come under fire in the past year. Malfeasance by a small minority of government employees and a need to shrink government spending both contributed to severe limitations on conference participation by government agencies. While conference budgets shrink, the need to communicate with stakeholders and constituents has never been more important.
The National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA) at the University of Illinois, the Senior Executives Association (SEA), the National Association of Government Communicators (NAGC), and two local companies, ICS-Nett and Hybrid Conferences, Inc. are sponsoring a two-hour virtual event to explore ways for government to meet that mandate in tough economic times. Join us this Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 10:00am EST.
Moderated by Ms. Barbara Pinto, Principal of Barbara Pinto Productions and formerly of ABC Network News. Speakers include:
- Hon. Jay M. Cohen, RADM, USN (Ret.), Principal Jay. M. Cohen, LLC and former Under
Secretary for Science and Technology at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Ms. Carol Bonasaro, President of the Senior Executives Association
- Mr. John Verrico, President-Elect of the National Association of Government Communicators
- Mr. Theo Mayer, President, Tech Applications, LLC and Co-Founder and CTO of Hybrid
- Mr. Dan Dubno, President, Blowing Things Up, LLC, and former technology correspondent and producer for CBS News,
- Ms. Cecily Sommers, Author ”Think Like a Futurist” and contributor to NPR’s All Things
This Web event is FREE!
Details and registration at http://j.mp/hybridconf
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.