A trained government workforce is an effective government workforce. That’s why the Federal Acquisition Service Training (FAST) Conference should be on your radar. The conference, which takes place April 14-16, 2020, in Atlanta, Georgia, will offer government attendees the opportunity to earn up to 20 continuous learning points (CLPs).
Government employees who perform acquisition functions will benefit from training sessions that outline how to buy for the government. Government acquisition is not like purchasing in your personal life. Understandably, there are rules and procedures to ensure that purchases are in the best interest of the public and saves on tax-payer dollars.
Here are 10 reasons you may want to use to explain to your boss why this is a must-attend event:
- There will be over 170 training courses offered.
- Attendees can create a custom training schedule from a broad array of acquisition tracks and topics.
- Attendees can earn up to 20 CLP credits over the three-day event.
- Being Brilliant at the Basics supports new government personnel to learn or refresh their understanding of the fundamental principles of government acquisition.
- Leveraging the Power of the Internet exposes attendees to the latest tools and technologies available to collaborate with experts and support you in each phase of the acquisition process.
- Attendees will be exposed to the latest innovations and techniques in acquisition, including concepts like “robotic process automation (RPA)” and “blockchain” that will support acquisition professionals automate repetitive tasks.
- Attendees will learn about the latest solutions available in information technology that can be integrated into your organization’s speed-to-mission.
- Leaders and senior acquisition professionals will be available to share lessons learned and the latest techniques and strategies for ensuring the best acquisition fit to your needs.
- Hands-on training at the event’s e-Lab offering one-on-one support and training in using electronic acquisition tools.
- You will have an opportunity to network with other government professionals, collect information from industry showcasing their solutions, and receive information kits and procurement packages related to acquisition categories of purchasing.
Make sure you include this comprehensive training program in your training development plan for this year. Download a template Justification Letter that can be used when requesting permission to register and attend the training conference.