Thursday 20th October 2011
Feedback from previous Digital Engagement workshop
The workshop provided me with a better understanding of the advantages & pitfalls of social media – Tourism Development Officer, Ceredigion County Council
The workshop was informative and lent itself well to interaction with well thought out activities – PR Officer, Coleg Morgannwg
Useful insights and experiences shared. Very knowledgable and practical. – Information Systems Consultant, Newport City Council
Dave is very engaging and informative – E-Communications Officer, Mid & West Wales Fire & Rescue Service
Very engaging and knowledgable – Head of Consumer Strategy, Remploy
Interesting. Good use of examples. Relaxed interactive discussions. Good mix of activities & discussions – PR Officer, Coleg Morgannwg
We are delighted to announce this workshop introducing Public Sector organisations to the opportunity offered by the web and social media to enable effective engagement with citizens and communities.
Facilitated by Kind of Digital’s Director, Dave Briggs, who has a wealth of experience advising government on digital engagement at all levels; from small local authorities to 10 Downing Street – attendees will come away with a full grasp of the background and potential of this work as well as a practical toolkit to get underway.
The agenda, a blended mixture of engaging talks, group discussion and practical exercises, will include the following sessions:
- How local authorities can use the web and social networks to engage citizens and communities
- Case studies of good practice use of emerging technology to engage by those involved in local government
- How to develop a digital engagement strategy for your work
- Choosing the right tools and approach to meet your objectives
- Getting around organisational barriers to implementing your plan
- Further support
As well as the training on the day, attendees will benefit from post-event support and learning. This includes exclusive access to a follow-up web conference and an online support forum.
10.00am: Introductions and housekeeping
10.15am What is digital engagement, and why is it important?
* The background to digital engagemen
* The opportunities it offers for local government
10.45am: Introducing the digital engagement toolkit
* What are the key tools?
* How have they been used across the public sector
11:15am: The importance of a strategic approach
* Why having a strategic approach to social media activity matters
* The best way to balance strategy and experimentation
11.30am: Coffee break
11.45pm: Strategy development workshop – writing your own digital engagement strategy
* Risk management
1.00pm: Lunch break
1.45pm: Overcoming barriers
* What are the blockers in many organisations for getting social media activity going?
* How to manage them
2.15pm: Planning a social media campaign exercise
* Group exercise to design effective social media projects, using the right tools and involving the right people
3.45pm: Coffee break
3.55pm: Social media question time
* An opportunity to ask questions of the group and facilitator to work out issues in more depth
4.25pm: Close and next steps
* Further online support: webinars and forum
4.30pm: Workshop ends
Delegate Costs : If you book your place before 19th August, you receive the benefit of an early bird discount, so don’t delay!
Early bird price – £200 + VAT
Standard price – £250 + VAT
CCT Venues Smithfield
2 East Poultry Avenue
Map and Directions
Start Time: 9:30 am
End Time: 4:30 pm