Thursday January 19, 2012 Carahsoft and Cloudera are presenting a webinar of high interest to professionals in the federal IT domain. Our own Bob Gourley is introducing the webinar with a review of key use cases in the federal space.
The following is from their announcement site:
Join us as we describe big data technologies including Apache Hadoop and how government organizations have been successfully deploying these technologies. We will discuss the fundamentals of Hadoop and how it fits into government initiatives.
In this live webcast, Bob Gourley, Editor of CTOvision.com and CTO of Crucial Point LLC, and Omer Trajman, Vice President of Customer Solutions at Cloudera, will review the top federal mission needs for big data and go into detail on several examples of successful deployments, including:
- Search services from USA Search
- Cloud-based financial management at GCE Federal
- Bioinformatics research at PNNL
- Use of Cloudera’s Distribution Including Apache Hadoop (CDH) in cyber security at SherpaSurfing
Sign up now, or click here to register for future access to the archived recording.
Please sign up today! http://www.carahsoft.com/event-detail/1327/cloudera/
- From the Apache Software Foundation Blog: The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache Hadoop™ v1.0 (ctolabs.com)
- More DC Area Big Data User Groups (ctolabs.com)