Registration is now open for the LEX 2011 Summer School: Managing Legal Resources in the Semantic Web (formerly the Legislative XML Summer School), to be held 5-10 September 2011, at the University of Bologna’s campus in Ravenna, Italy.
The summer school lasts 6 days and “is organized in two courses:”
- “A Basic Course providing an introduction to XML web technologies and to basic technologies for drafting and managing standard-compliant legislative and legal documents;
- “An Advanced Course providing in-depth analysis of the higher levels of Semantic Web technologies and of their application to the legal domain: modelling of modifications, procedures and legal knowledge.”
The Directors of the Summer School are Professor Dr. Giovanni Sartor, a member of our community, and Professor Dr. Enrico Pattaro. Scientific Co-ordination for the conference is by Professor Dr. Monica Palmirani, a member of our community.
The faculty of the Summer School includes several members of our community:
- Dr. Núria Casellas;
- Professor Dr. Enrico Francesconi;
- Dr. Simonetta Montemagni;
- Professor Dr. Monica Palmirani;
- Professor Dr. Giovanni Sartor;
- Pierluigi Spinosa;
- Daniela Tiscornia, Esq.;
- Dr. Adam Wyner.
The event’s sponsors include:
- Università di Bologna;
- The Leibniz Center for Law of the University of Amsterdam;
- Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Istituto di Teoria e Tecniche dell’Informazione Giuridica (ITTIG-CNR);
- The European University Institute;
- Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona Institute of Law and Technology;
The site also lists articles and publications that will be discussed during the course.
Further, the site links to valuable resources on:
- the Semantic Web;
- Legal XML;
- standards and projects respecting Legal XML and the legal Semantic Web.
For more information, please see the event Website.