Some exciting stuff going on right now!
Baroness Hanham from the Department of Communities and Local Government is hosting an online discussion on how councils and the voluntary sector can work more closely together. Has there been enough in the mix about digital collaboration? Runs through the 26th – check it out.
Representatives from DemenShare – are really cool project to use social networking support people with dementia and those caring for people with dementia are going to share lessons in a hot seat tomorrow 26 June. Find out more here – including links to resources beyond just the Q&A.
Interactivism – an accessibility hack weekend on 17-18 June. The deadline for submitting ideas is 1 June. Hurry! Your chance to work with Google engineers and other really cool people.
There’s another event coming up in early July with a hack feel. Details forthcoming. But if you liked Local by Social – and you like the idea of working with local and national sets of localgov data – register your interest here and we’ll be in touch soon. And if you can’t access Google forms, then reply to this email and ask to be added to the list.
LocalGovCamp in Birmingham is coming up, too! But that’s sold out. Get on the wait list.
Councillors and social media:
Can you help us refresh the social media guidance for councillors? I’ve come up with a list of things I could really use examples for here. This is a great chance to get some national exposure in an LG Group publication for your council and your councilors. Please let me know what you’re up to and forward the link to any councillors who might like to share their experience with colleagues.
Can you help? Stuff from the forum
- Hope this hasn’t happened to you, but how would you deal with abuse of staff on a social network?
- A discussion on setting up and using Facebook well – pages, groups and what kind of ID should you use?
- Using email to support social media (or other content) – a new, but potentially, really useful discussion.
- On the hunt for good examples of central and local gov Facebook pages – or any research on that – includes link to an American study.
- Getting senior management engaged in social media for internal comms – includes some really good examples from the police.
- Social media on no resources
- An awesome collection of links on youth engagement online.
- social media for community development
- using fixmystreet and other reporting services
Just a smattering of cool stuff from the blogs:
- Liz Azyan provides some really helpful info about the alphagov project and how localgov might fit in.
- Steve Peters from DCLG blogs about openly publishing and USING the indices of multiple deprivation for England.
- Spatial planning consultations online from John Heaven.
- Lessons from online communities and the SNP campaign.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.