The US Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Regional Office is looking for a public affairs specialist who can manage the Region's web site and support field offices with their sites as well. We are interested in finding a candidate in the Denver Metro area. The pay scale is a GS 11/12; which translates to about $60,000 to $70,000 annually. See the Outreach Notice below for details.
Public Affairs Specialist, GS-1035-11/12
US Forest Service Rocky Mountain Regional Office
The Rocky Mountain Region’s External Affairs Staff is interested in filling a permanent, full-time GS-1035-11/12 Public Affairs Specialist (Web Manager) position. The position is established in the Regional Office located in Golden, Colorado. This is a tremendous opportunity working with a talented staff in a high-profile region. The purpose of this notice is to determine if there are interested and qualified individuals within the Denver metro area.
This outreach notice is in effect from August 20, 2009 to September 4, 2009. If you are interested in this opportunity, please complete the attached form and return it to [email protected] via e-mail, fax to 303-275-5366 or mail hard copies to:
USFS Rocky Mountain Regional Office
740 Simms Street
Golden, CO 80401
If you have questions about the position, please feel free to contact Janelle by phone at 303-275-5359 or by the e-mail address listed above.
The position serves as the web manager for the Rocky Mountain Region web page (www.fs.fed.us/r2), and is responsible for overseeing web activities on the Regional web page, as well as supporting web activities on all units within the Region. The web manager position will have five major roles to include:
1. Develop and maintain content for the Region’s web pages, serving as “editor in chief”
2. Act as a management consultant and catalyst for creating new ways to use the web to carry out the agency’s mission and goals and provide customer service.
3. Reach out to citizens, business partners, and employees to determine their wants and needs and act as an advocate to encourage the agency to address those needs via the web.
4. Provide support and assistance to Regional and field unit staffs to help accomplish their web goals in response to customer needs.
5. Act as a visionary to oversee web activities across the entire region and develop strategies for continuing to meet customer needs.