The audience is sharing some of their issues with using innovative tech, including:
1. Centralizing #Gov20 policy – can we get one uber policy that covers all agencies and expedites moving forward?
2. Big barrier = security. How do we respond responsibly to this roadblock?
3. Organizational awareness – no one knows what we’re doing (and why)!!
4. Interagency collaboration – we’re doing many similar things, but fail to share
5. Contracting – not getting what we’re paying for in most cases, need to set up right contracts/skills.
6. Risks vs. “Risks” – Many resisters are fearful…some fears are legitimate, some not. How do we differentiate?
7. Transit data sharing is glowing example of the usefulness of “letting it all hang out”
8. Goes both ways: FDR berated for not implementing a policy; turned it back on people – hold me accountable!
9. Make everyone’s contributions valuable – share metrics to let people know their efforts are worthwhile!
10. Leadership – We need heroic agency champions…we’re holding out for heroes ’til the dawn’s early light.
11. Real people, real time – people are impatient w/typical slow pace/lack of face in gov’t communication.
12. Not just throwing open doors w/open government – just opening the shades in some cases.
13. We’re all IT professionals – since we use IT as a normal part of our lives, we all have input on its use.
14. Use the buddy system – you may know a little, but get with people who know a lot!
15. Leave a bread crumb trail – folks are getting burned out, but haven’t left clear markers along the path.
16. Rules are okay – policies protect us and set parameters for true freedom to move and grow.
17. Let’s keep talking! Share more ideas and responses below.