Invited to an up-coming hiring event? Have the qualifications, the degree, the willingness to succeed, and even the security clearance, but lack the know-how’s of impressing a hiring manager?
Regardless of where you are in your career, we can all get better when it comes to making a great first impression and securing the job you want.
Lucky for us, our friends at TechExpo have prepared a tip sheet to help you prep for your next hiring event or interview:
- Have multiple copies of your resume printed and packed away the night before.
- Prepare yourself for tough questions.
- Understand what the company does and what they are looking for.
- Prepare yourself physically and mentally so you are not rushed the morning of.
- Treat your interview as if it is a conversation - not only to self yourself, but asking questions to find out if the position is the right fit for you.
- Send Thank-you emails to every interviewer – this could help you seal the deal if it’s done right.
TechExpo is producing an upcoming hiring event for The Software Engineering Institute at Carnegie Mellon that you can practice these skills on and land a role!
The Software Engineering Institute at Carnegie Mellon University Is Hiring.
SEI staff will be interviewing at their offices in Pittsburgh, PA and Arlington, VA to fill immediate local positions. At the SEI you will have opportunities to make an impact on Internet security and work with some of the most talented people in the field.
Pursue your passion and work alongside world-recognized leaders in the field of software engineering.
At the SEI, you will have opportunities to make an impact on Internet security and work alongside world-recognized leaders in the field of software engineering.
Our staff works with the highest levels of U.S. government and industry to secure the nation’s critical infrastructure, improve mission-critical systems, and advance the state of the art.
Interviews are by appointment only. You must have a degree in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline (master’s degree or doctorate preferred), and you must be eligible to obtain a security clearance.
SEI is Hiring in the following areas:
- Cloud Computing
- Cyber Intelligence
- Cyber Security
- Cyber Security Workforce Exercise Development
- High Performance Computing
- Information Security Research
- Insider Threat Research
- Malware Analysis
- Network Defense Analysis
- Network Security Deployment
- Secure Software &Systems Research
- Software Architecture
- Software Development
- Solutions Engineering
- Systems Administration
- Vulnerability Assessment
An SEI representative will contact you if there is initial interest.
Apply Now! : http://sei.cmu.edu/seicareerfair/