The substantial redesign aims to effectively relaunch the site to meet the goals in the President's Improving Regulation and Regulatory Review Executive Order.
John Moses is the Director at EPA's Collection Strategies Division. He told Chris Dorobek on the DorobekINSIDER program what makes the new site so much more interactive.
EPA's John Moses talks with Chris Dorobek about Regulations.gov by cdorobek
Here's the breakdown of the BIG changes to Regulations.gov:
- New Homepage and site design
- New Browse tab that features regulations grouped in 10 industry-related Categories
- New Learn tab that offers an interactive description of the regulatory process
- Improved layout of search results, filters and document spotlight
- Integrated social media tools (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Regulations.gov Exchange)
- New Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and standard, FR-specific URLs.
So what do you think of the new site? Is it a big improvement? Or did Regulations.gov waste time and money on the upgrade?