In Washington, we see our fair share of conferences on a variety of topics. Sometimes we learn a ton, and others, we feel completely lost. I love attending conferences that are full of learning and innovation, but also relevant to me and what I do on a daily basis.
Have your heard about Geographic Information Systems (GIS)? Believe it or not, this technology is becoming more and more essential to government every day. Esri's GIS technology helps virtually every federal agency meet its missions, from providing health care and emergency services to managing facilities and natural resources. As the largest known geospatial technology event for federal agencies, the Federal GIS Conference will be bringing together over 2,700 attendees for three days of intensive learning and networking.
Have you ever wanted to take a geographic approach to decision making in your organization, but didn't know how? At the Federal GIS Conference, you will learn how to:
- Base decisions on reliable, more complete information.
- Clearly identify issues and respond intelligently.
- See the bigger picture, visualizing patterns and trends.
- Share information with colleagues, other organizations, and the public.
- Be more thorough, effective, and efficient.
Conference offerings include:
- Over 100 sessions, including technical sessions led by experts and user sessions focused on case studies and best practices
- New ArcGIS for National Government sessions showcasing Esri's comprehensive government solutions
- The Federal GIS Solutions EXPO featuring products and services from over 70 government solution providers
- Social events and special interest group meetings where you can collaborate with federal leaders, GIS professionals, and Esri staff
In the coming months leading up to the conference, we will be highlighting some of the cool sessions and events that will be offered at the conference, so be sure to check back for more!