Frank Kendall, DoD’s Acquisition Executive, published a preliminary version of Better Buying Power 2.0 on Nov 13 “to ensure affordability and increase productivity in defense spending to deliver better value to the taxpayer and Warfighter”.
Better Buying Power 2.0 encompasses 36 initiatives across seven focus areas:
- Achieve Affordable Programs
- Control Costs Throughout the Product Lifecycle
- Incentivize Productivity and Innovation in Industry and Government
- Eliminate Unproductive Processes and Bureaucracy
- Promote Effective Competition
- Improve Tradecraft in Acquisition of Services
- Improve the Professionalism of the Total Acquisition Workforce
They are soliciting comments from industry and government. What do you think of these 36 initiatives GovLoopers?