The conference, co-sponsored by GSA and the Federal Web Managers Council, is the premier networking and educational event of the year for web content managers, web writers and editors, and government employees who contribute content to government websites. Hear from industry thought leaders on the latest trends and tools, learn about innovative projects happening throughout government, and connect with colleagues from across the country.
We will have keynotes, breakout sessions and unconference sessions on:
- Customer Service – improving services online, integrating with other channels
- Social Media – latest trends, new tools, successes, measuring social media
- Engagement/Challenges – citizen engagement, challenges & prizes
- Search & SEO – new Search Engine Optimization strategies
- Usability – usability testing, design templates, new techniques
- Mobile – designing for mobile devices, mobile apps
- Metrics – using metrics to improve web and new media efforts
- 508 Accessibility – building accessibility into design lifecycle, testing tools etc.
- Content Strategy – top tasks, plain language, cleaning up content, multimedia
Date: Wednesday–Thursday, May 16–17, 2012
Place: Renaissance Hotel, Washington, DC
Cost: Early Bird registration $325.00 (after early bird $425.00)
Registration opens for contractors with a government email address on TUESDAY, January 17, 2012 ($625)
Learn more and register: http://www.howto.gov/training/conferences/web-and-new-media-2012
Contact Web Manager University with questions.