The argument has been made that South by Southwest has outlived its usefulness as a technology and culture festival. Yet the annual gathering, often called “South-by” and spelled SxSW, continues to attract tens of thousands of participants and a docket of speakers that should inspire anyone interested in technology’s impact on nearly any facet of our lives.
Many of the proposed sessions, which people may vote up or down for the next two weeks, are especially relevant to the Gov 2.0 community. Here are eight that I am voting for (and only one of them is a session I proposed—the superheroes one, naturally).
Let me know in the comments if there are others that I’ve missed or that you’re especially looking forward to.
- “Open Source” Foreign Policy in the Digital Age
- A Perfect Storm: Technology & Disaster Response
- The New Augmented Order: Gov & Augmented Reality
- Crowdsourcing Diplomacy
- The World Bank and Innovation: Striking Poverty
- Power and Privacy: What Superheroes Can Teach Us
- The Future of Government-Citizen Interaction
- It’s not about tech: Hack the bureaucracy