I heard a statement the other day that struck home – no one in today’s economy has ‘just one job’ for income – everyone seems to have a side job, residual or investment income, multiple sources of income, because ‘just one job’ doesn’t provide enough to live on (especially for large families).
What do you think? What is your situation? (choices below or add your own answer/suggestions/thoughts)
- I have multiple sources of income – jobs and entrepreneurial efforts
- I make enough on my one job to support my lifestyle.
- I have to work two jobs for two separate employers to pay all my bills
- I saved all my life and am living on my retirement income
- What job? I’m on unemployment and struggling!
- Living in poverty level, but making it the best I can!
It would be interesting to see how many folks are relying on various sources of income to just stay above water or get ahead.
I know some folks are actually cutting back, have stopped paying for things they have in the past to curtail costs, but I’m more interested in the income viewpoint.
I am trying to have multiple sources of income. Working in the government contracting sector, one never knows exactly when his/her job may be gone. And, watching all the struggles of living paycheck to paycheck, or not having enough to make it to the next one job once unemployed, it seems that now, more than ever, it makes sense to not have all one’s eggs in just one basket.
The whole key not to leave beyond your means. One has to creatively save and make purchases; utilize online shopping (promo codes), ebay, Craigslist, etc.
I think having a side gig that will enhance your passions and dreams is the best option for making additional income.