Happy Mardi Gras. When our kids were little we use to have pancakes for dinner at home on Fat Tuesday. When the kids were older, we started going to Copeland’s to eat crawfish ettouffe, Cajun popcorn, and jambalaya; and to get the beads Copeland’s gives out on that day. I have lots of beads from the years of going to Copeland’s, as well as beads from New Orleans itself, and from the Rio in Las Vegas. Alas, Copeland’s has closed its restaurants in the Washington DC Metropolitan Area. Last year we enjoyed our outing to Clyde’s for Mardi Gras, but we still miss the celebration at Copeland’s. Clyde’s added a few Cajun specialties to the menu for the day; they had live music; and they gave away beads. Tonight, it is back to Clyde’s we go – I can still use a few more beads.
Recent Articles on GovLoop
- How Washington State Is Eliminating Disparities for Children, Youth and Families
- How State, Local Agencies Can Augment Their Cyber Operations
- Tips for Collaborating in a Hybrid World
- Intuition Is a Good Starting Point. Data Is the Next Step
- Flexibility and Balance: Bringing Your Whole Self to City Leadership