The modern world is evolving at an exponential pace. Federal agencies should consider the speed at which things are changing around them:
- Since 1982, the price of data storage has dropped by a factor of 3.6 million.
- It took two centuries for the Library of Congress to fill itself with 29 million books, 2.4 million recordings, 12 million photographs, 4.8 million maps, and 57 million manuscripts. Today, it takes 5 MINUTES for the world to create that equivalent amount of new digital information.
- The average lifetime of a company in the S&P 500 has fallen by 80 percent since 1937.
- Today’s average smart phone has more computing power than the original Apollo mission to the moon.
- The ‘topple rate’ at which big companies lose their leadership has nearly doubled in the last 40 years.
The Agility Nexus is the intersection of effective Planning, People and Process elements. A large agility nexus is critical for organizations ready for change. The adoption of attributes from each element helps to grow an organization’s agility nexus. The more attributes an organization adopts the larger that nexus becomes and the better that organization is positioned to deal with change.
To learn more, check out the Agility Nexus PDF.
Deloitte’s Global Public Sector plays an important role in Deloitte by providing a full range of services including audit and enterprise risk, consulting, tax, and financial advisory, to bring an informed, 360-degree perspective to each public sector project it undertakes. It’s mission is to help governments serve the 21st century citizen by applying best practices in strategy, scenario planning, operations improvement, technology integration, and human capital. Deloitte is a proud supporter of GovLoop. Check out Deloitte on Twitter and Facebook.