I love that it is the official beginning of spring. This winter has been filled with proposal work, and I have had very little time to breathe. Now that it is getting warmer, and I have gotten to take some time off to do fun stuff, I am excited to start blogging a bit more frequently.
Over the course of the next few weeks, I will do a series of posts sharing with you my top 10 tips for winning government contracts. I will take each tip and expound on it. It should be helpful to you if you are new to the federal market or already have a few contracts under your belt.
So, here are the 10 tips:
1. Understand the full gamut of federal market opportunities and where your business could benefit from these.
2. Understand the full cycle of business development.
3. Market to the government effectively.
4. Do your market research well to select the right opportunities.
5. Run a comprehensive capture effort.
6. Implement a rigorous bid-no-bid decision process.
7. Understand how to write winning government proposals to get your win rate into the high seventies percentile, on par with the top government contractors.
8. Go for the gold in every area of the proposal.
9. Resource your proposals to win.
10. Create a proposal center with the processes and collateral to turn your business into a winning machine.
So, as I mentioned, more detail is forthcoming. Also, if you have any questions on government contracting and winning proposals, go ahead and ask – and I will respond.
Great post, Olessia. I was a proposal writer in my former life…and concur with all your tips.
Eager to see some affirmation/perspective from the government procurement/acquisition folks who are reviewing the proposals!
Thank you for your time Mr. Andrew. Please check back for more information on my blog or you may visit http://www.ostglobalsolutions.com/blog/