Businesses are always evolving, and through their evolution and expansion technology becomes obsolete and organizations find themselves needing an upgrade. As a customer base grows the need for technology grows greater. Most organizations spend thousands of dollars attaining and upgrading to the most current technology, but still have many problems implementing their new technology to meet all the demands of their customers.
Organizations that invest in technology should also consider the effects of its implementation. Possessing technology does not necessarily prove it effective, and every organization needs an efficient system that can manage the services provided by its technology. That is where IT Service Management (ITSM) is born.
ITSM is crucial to the functionality and expansion of organizations in several aspects:
- The number of requests for automating business processes is rapidly growing, ITSM can ensure speedy and accurate delivery to both internal end users and external customers.
- ITSM boosts productivity which results in lower operating costs and faster adaptability to customer requests for your business.
- ITSM can effectively capture and share knowledge for IT end users to quickly locate and fix reported problems.
- Upgrades and requests expand quickly, ITSM can assure a single, user friendly customer portal for reporting problems, software upgrades and requesting services.
- Tracking historical and real-time data through ITSM allows IT leaders to spot problems faster and using historical reports will increase productivity through analyzing past trends.
- IT Managers and business leaders can access their system from any location, allowing customers and employees to conduct transactions at any time, from anywhere.
ITSM implementation is also designed for simplicity, meaning IT leaders aren’t required to have any special skills to create the customer forms, dashboards, and other various components. Implementing a successful ITSM strategy can help growing organizations process, maintain, and support a skyrocketing customer in-take and manage customers with a cost effective and simple solution.
Read more about the benefits of ITSM and how it helped organizations such as PCMall and Evergreen in this white paper, “Leveraging Your IT Service Management.”
Do you have specific tools/implementation examples?
Thanks for your question. FootPrints Service Core by BMC Software is a tool that has had a lot of success in the public sector market. As a government IT solutions provider, we have personally witnessed the success with implementing FootPrints in over 300 public sector entities, including many DOD accounts. To learn more about BMC and their FootPrints solution you can check out this case study. I can also have someone contact you directly to provide you more information.