The five Loaned Executive (LE) teams have stepped up their game: They are now competing for three valuable autographed footballs to be awarded to the winning LE team’s highest-scoring departments.
The winning score will be based on the following statistics: percentage of 2010 goal achieved, percentage of total dollars pledged in 2010 vs. 2009 and percentage of participation in 2010 vs. 2009.
The contest ends December 1 when the footballs, in turn, will be used by the winning departments to raise additional money for CFCNCA charities.
CFCNCA “head coach” Linda Washington, LFCC Chairperson, said all five teams are ready for the blitz. “With this year’s campaign ending January 17th, 2011, we really are at ‘first and goal,’” she said. “We can see the goal line, we know we can reach it, and we are hoping this contest gives Federal employees an extra incentive to give what they can to the more than 4,000 CFCNCA charities who reach out with help and hope to millions of people in need.”
Each of the footballs is autographed by an NFL star and comes with a certificate of authenticity. The NFL stars are:
DeAngelo Hall, 2-Time, Pro-Bowl Defensive Cornerback – Washington Redskins
- On October 24th, 2010, during a game against the Chicago Bears, Hall recorded four interceptions, tying an NFL record, and also returned one 92 yards for a touchdown. Hall’s jersey from this game was sent by request to the Pro Football Hall of Fame for display in the “Pro Football Today Gallery,” an area stocked with memories of recent history-making performances.
Matt Stover, 2-Time, Pro-Bowl Placekicker – Indianapolis Colts and Baltimore Ravens
- Most consecutive Points after Touchdowns (PATs)- 469
- Most consecutive games with a field goal- 38
- Oldest player to participate in a Super Bowl- 42 years, 11 days old
- Oldest player to score in a Super Bowl- 42 years, 11 days old
Brian Mitchell, Pro-Bowl Kick Returner – Washington Redskins, Philadelphia Eagles and New York Giants and is the NFL’s second all-time leader in total yardage with 23,330 all purpose yards.
- Combined kickoff and punt returns (1,070) & kickoff and punt return yards (19,013)
- Kickoff returns (607) & kick return yards (14,014)
- Punt returns (463) & punt return yards (4,999)
- Combined kickoff and punt returns for touchdowns: 13-tied with Devin Hester
- Total Fair catches (231) & Fair catches in a single season(33)
- All-purpose yards by any player against a single opponent: 3,076 against the Dallas Cowboys
- Kickoff returns in postseason (36) & kickoff return yards (875)
- Punt return yards in postseason: 339
- Punt returns in postseason: 34-tied with David Meggett
- Combined returns in postseason (70) & return yards (1,214)
- Games with 100 all purpose yards (118) & games with 200 all purpose yards (15)
- All-purpose yards in a single decade (1990-1999): 16,905
- Inducted into the Washington Redskins Ring of Fame at FedEx Field during the 2009 season