I recently recorded a Podcast with Belinda Hayes, Web Communications Manager, Department
of Sustainability & Environment (Vic).
In the interview, I asked Belinda about:
- Her role and responsibilities at DSE
- When the department started adopting web 2.0 and social media tools, and the
stages involved in getting to where they are now
- What was involved in the training and up-skilling of staff in social media and
web 2.0 tools, what considerations were made when integrating Gov 2.0 strategies in to the existing communications strategy
- Gov 2.0 has been explained as “sharing information and engaging with citizens to determine better ways of doing things“– on an implementation level, can you describe an example of where this kind of
community engagement has been achieved?
- How did you view the adoption of web 2.0 tools within the federal
election? What stood out for you? What could have been done better?
You can listen to the Podcast here.
Belinda is presenting at the Gov 2.0 Conference on 3 – 4 November 2010 at the Hyatt Hotel Canberra.