Will Apple Actually Admit Their Mistake? – I Seriously Doubt It!
As originally posted on Not So Random Thoughts…
In response to Consumer Reports NOT recommending the new iPhone 4 earlier this week Apple has called a previously unscheduled Press Conference to discuss the iPhone 4 (No other details about the press conference are currently available).
So, does anyone want to garner a guess as to what Apple is going to state?
Here are a few possibilities:
- Apple can blatantly disagree with Consumer Reports and continue to state nothing is wrong with the design of the antenna – 15% possibility
- Apple can admit the design flaw and announce a recall – 0% possibility
- Apple can announce a second firmware “fix” to address the issue – 30% possibility
- Apple will admit the design flaw and offer a free case to all those who have purchased the iPhone 4 – 15% possibility
- Apple will admit the design flaw and instruct those that took the iPhone 4 plunge to suck it up and purchase a case – 40% possibility
Let me know if I missed any possibilities and/or what you think about my predictions. Apple has traditionally disregarded most PR best practices so I can’t wait to see how they play this one…