In today’s IT job market, more and more roles are requiring employees to possess an active security clearance. However, it can be costly for companies to sponsor employees to obtain a security clearance and to train them to develop the desired skill sets necessary for a particular role. Consequently, the demand for experienced professionals with an active security clearance continues to grow.
With this in mind, as a professional with a security clearance, it’s important to represent yourself in the best light and most effectively demonstrate your experience and qualifications to employers. Having a decorated resume is a good start but to secure that top job opportunity you’re pursuing, you need to be able to sell yourself in person. TECHEXPO Top Secret has a few recommendations to help prepare & set yourself apart at your next hiring event or interview:
- Understand what the company does & what they’re looking for and how you fit into that and how your experience can help you excel in that position and company.
- Treat your interview as if it is a conversation – not only to sell yourself but also asking questions to find out if the position is the right for you.
- Prepare yourself for tough questions and practice a brief personal description of your professional skills, unique abilities, past successful accomplishments & relevant experience.
- Bring multiple copies of your resume with you for employers to review. You may have other past experiences that make you a strong candidate for other positions available within the company.
- Send Thank-You emails to every interviewer – this could help you seal the deal if it’s done right.
TECHEXPO Top Secret is the nation’s leading producer of hiring events for Security Cleared and Cyber Professionals along with transitioning military and veterans. The finest defense contractors, technology companies, consulting firms and numerous agencies of the US government consistently attend these prestigious hiring events, recruiting for positions in intelligence, defense, engineering, cyber security and more.
There are only two remaining hiring events this year. Take command of your future and secure your next employment opportunity at the TECHEXPO Top Secret December Hiring Events. Be Proactive and meet face-to-face with Employers to advance your career.
A Top Secret clearance or above is required to attend each event.
Wednesday, December 7
10 am – 3 pm
The Ritz-Carlton Tysons Corner
1700 Tysons Blvd.
McLean, VA 22102
Thursday, December 8
10 am – 3 pm
1743 West Nursery Rd.
Linthicum Heights, MD 21090
Companies Interviewing on December 7th and/or December 8th:
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Lockheed Martin
- AT&T Government Solutions
- Intel Security
- Chameleon Integrated Services
- CyberCore Technologies
- ENGILITY Corporation
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise / HPE
- L-3 – PHOTONICS
- Prosync Technology Group
- The MASY Group
…and more companies being added daily!
If you are unable to attend either of these events, you can still submit your resume for employers to review by registering for the event on TechExpoUSA.com.
If your company wants to recruit at a TECHEXPO Hiring Event, contact Bradford Rand at 212.655.4505 ext. 223 / [email protected].
**Your Recruiters & Hiring Managers do NOT need a Security-Clearance to interview at their TECHEXPO booth.
Be sure to also mark on your calendars these other upcoming TECHEXPO Hiring Events taking place in the New Year:
January 10: Polygraph Only, VA
January 11: Polygraph Only, MD
February 15: Security Clearance, VA
February 16: Security Clearance, MD
March 8: Polygraph Only, VA
March 9: Cyber Security, MD
April 20: Security Clearance, VA
April 27: Security Clearance, MD
*Dates subject to change. For full details & to register, visit TechExpoUSA.com.
For further information or if you have any questions, please feel free to contact 212.655.4505 ext. 230 / [email protected]