I stumbled across a blog post from HubSpot the other day on the benefits of business blogging (“The Benefits of Business Blogging: Why Businesses Do It, and You Should Too” by Corey Eridon). Among the top benefits cited in the article were the following:
1. Blogging helps drive traffic to your website,
2. It helps convert that traffic into leads,
3. And it helps establish your authority.
In short, business blogging drives growth. It can increase brand awareness, website traffic, credibility, leads and revenue.
Yet, a 2010 study by eMarketer found only 40% of businesses were using blogs for marketing purposes. While we can be certain that number is higher today, I continue to encounter businesses who still don’t blog. If your business is among those who haven’t tried blogging, maybe it’s time to consider it as a potential growth tactic.
Still not convinced?
Consider these recent content marketing statistics:
• 79% of B2B marketers use content marketing to achieve brand awareness goals (Content Marketing Institute and Marketing Profs, October 2012)
• 77% of Internet users read blogs (Social Media Today, August 2013)
• Social media sites and blogs reach 8 out of 10 U.S. Internet users (Content Marketing Institute, February 2012)
• Companies with active blogs have 97% more inbound links (Content+, February 2012)
• B2B companies who blog generate 67% more leads per month than those who don’t (Social Media B2B, March 2012)
• 61% of consumers have made a purchase based on a blog post (Social Media Today, August 2013)
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.