“Freedom of Information Summit brings journalists, open-records advocates together”
- The event was held in New Hampshire (in part) by the National Freedom of Information Coalition.
“Real-Time Data Helps Iowa Households Lower Their Water Bills”
- Data = potential for cost-savings.
“New GAO Report Shows the Benefits of Spending Transparency”
- “Often, when talking about why Recovery Act transparency provisions are important, we have to talk vaguely about the unseen.”
“FCC Releases Broadband Progress Report”
“Schools and Colleges Are Learning from Online Video”
- “‘I would lose my head if we stopped recording lectures,’ said Russ Scaduto, director of education technology for Penn State Hershey Medical Center.”
- This also includes a 50-minute video on a panel discussion at Streaming Media East.
A similar version of this was originally posted at the company that I work for’s product blog (Disclosure: the product deals w/ transparency, gov’t, & technology)
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.